Tuesday, August 21, 2012

DVD case to Doodle Pad


I had pinned this project awhile back and had wanted to make this for S. Specifically for our many trips to Saskatchewan to see my parents. Stacey Vaughn offers a great tutorial to make one (read her updated version for some great tips that I didn't read til after I was finished, haha).

I chose a bright frog prince/castle piece of scrapbook paper from the stash and cut it down to fit the case. I then simply doodled on a title, don't want it mixed up with my dvd's!
Another thing, I didn't personalize it so T can use it when she gets older! 
If they fight over it, I'll make another one!

 
Unlike Stacey's I used double fold bias tape around the top of my pocket and glued into place.


It definitely came in handy on the road trip! S loved it. 
She did like to doodle her own creations but to change things up a bit I had to draw a few pics for her to color in (ie. the cat and mouse above). There's only so much scribbling a toddler can do on a blank page!



 It was a hit! Definitely worth making if you are traveling with a lil artist! 

I also think this would make a great craft for an older child (minus cutting out the dvd circle), I can see myself making this a few years down the road with S and T and their friends!






linking to:
Sugar and Dots
We Made That