Friday, April 20, 2012

Easter Dress: The Girls


I finished the Hunger Games (I am having withdrawals all ready), so I decided I better get back to taking care of the blog, first up the girls Easter dresses.

I decided that instead of making the girls Christmas dresses every year I would try and make them their Easter dresses. Which let's face it, Easter is a lot less hectic than Christmas so I should have time to finish two dresses.

This year I found the fabric first, on sale for $3 a meter (both the blue and the rose pattern) in the clearance section at Fabricland. I then went searching for a tutorial that would work well with the fabric I chose. I decided on the Ella Dress Tutorial from Living with Punks. It comes with a pattern piece for a size 2T which I used for S's dress and then sized it down for T's. Both ended up being a little too small so I added the button holes on the back.





They aren't perfect and I had to wing it a few times since I added a liner and the button holes, but I'm happy with how they turned out.



During the Easter festivities I never did get a shot of the two of them sitting nicely together. Oh well, these will have to do.


Hope you have a fantastic weekend!








linked to:
sugar and dots