Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Twine Wrapped Letters


Today I'm sharing with you a project that I did using Bakers Twine that I won from The Twinery (mentioned in this post).


I have seen a lot of projects using yarn to wrap around letters but I thought I would go with a smaller scale and try out the Bakers Twine.

I had bought a 'family' sign from Dollarama awhile back and painted it brown. After that it just sat in my unfinished pile until it dawned on me to wrap it with this beautiful twine!
I had to repaint it white, brown just wouldn't do.

Using Aleene's Tacky Glue I slowly wrapped the twine around the letters.


I was discouraged after finishing my first letter because I had broke the F. But using the same glue I mended it and it is as good as new!


I then continued on and finished wrapping all the letters.


The colors used: Flax - FML,  Shore - A, Caribbean - I, and Honeydew -Y.


I can't wait to use more on other projects! I think it adds the perfect splash of color!







linked to:
Sugar and Dots
Finger Prints on the Fridge