Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Vintage Dutch Girls


When I was sick a week ago I really wanted to do some projects, but all I felt like doing was laying on the couch.  So I decided to do a low key, relaxing project.... embroidery.

I had bought this piece of cloth this past summer at a garage sale for .25 cents! It had vintage embroidery patterns on all four corners. The little dutch girls are so adorable!


 
These shoes are on two of the corners.

I actually put this embroidery piece aside recently to work on some Valentines projects but I'll be sure to show you when it is completed.

sidenote: I was thinking about making the second little girl a free pdf pattern for anyone who might want it... not exactly sure how to do that though so if you are computer savvy and want to help me out that would be fab!