Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Shirt = dress, headband and maybe a skirt

  
I have had this shirt in my closet for awhile....
I never wear it....
...but I couldn't part with it because I loved the detail around the collar. 
So....
  ....I decided why not try and make something for the girls out of it!

I mainly wanted to get a dress for S from it. I had also seen some cute t-shirt sleeve headbands in blogworld, so I thought I would make one of those for T if I had enough (which I definitely did). I even have enough left over to make T a skirt or I was also thinking of using the material to make ruffles to put on a onesie, which would you do?

Anyways, here is what it looks like cut up and planned out:

After some improvising, Here is the Dress!


It is really cute on, I am so happy with how it turned out!
S LOVES dresses right now! Every dress is a 'princess dress',haha.



And here is the headband:

 

The headband base is the strip labeled in the picture above and then I just stretched it enough so that it fit around her head without being too tight.
I made the rose from the cuffs of the shirt and the leaf from scraps. 
I then hotglued 3 gems in the center to add some bling.


So what do you think, should I do a skirt to match or a ruffled/embellished onesie??
I have been going back and forth for awhile and can't make up my mind, so help me out.

Anyways I think it's a pretty darn good use of an old shirt of mine! One shirt into two outfits for my girls with zero cost....works for me!

 *** UPDATE -- See what I did with the rest of it HERE ***

linked to:
sugar and dots
someday crafts 
let birds fly 
madamyt
The Grant Life
fingerprints on the fridge 
tatertots and jello