Friday, December 9, 2011

A Little Penguin


 I whipped up this embroidery piece for the Chinese Gift Exchange that would be happening at a Church Ladies Banquet  that I attend every year. 

I don't know about you, but I am always hesitant to make something homemade for these kind of exchanges because they can be traded off if someone doesn't really like it ..... you hate to be the dud gift after all the work you put in! 

Anyways....Don't you think the lil penguin is cute? 
You can get the free embroidery pattern for him HERE.


For the lettering I free-hand stitched the small writing. 
I wrote the bigger words in pencil, then I tried my hand at the stem stitch
I thought it worked out pretty well and I like how the words stand out more!


I grabbed an empty wooden frame, added some cheery red ribbon....
...And here is the finished product:


Linking to:
Let Bird's Fly