Friday, September 30, 2011

Some Autumn Decor


My husband was bugging me about not having enough 'Autumn/Thanksgiving' Decor last year(.... although I make up for it with Halloween decorations). So I thought I better use this as an opportunity to make some this year.

We had been given some old barn board frames from a friend who moved away, and they have been sitting in our garage unused. I decided to dig one out and make a fabric and felt sign for the mantel. I stitched the letters onto felt, cut them out and then heat n'bonded them to the fabric. Which I wrapped around and taped to some cardboard to fit into the frame (a great use of a diaper box in my opinion). Hot glued some plastic leaves I had in my stash onto the frame and tadaa, a Thanksgiving decor piece!



I also decided to make an autumn insert for this frame, remember back in this post where I made a Halloween and Christmas insert....well I thought I better do one with leaves instead of hearts for fall, here it is:


I used Close to my Hearts 'Many Thanks' Stampset, goldrush, chocolate, and creme brulee inks.

Some quick and easy autumn decor pieces, Happy Fall!

linking to:
tatertots and jello
i heart naptime
sugar and dots
madamyt
someday crafts
Come Together Kids