Sunday, September 11, 2011

A 'Flitterific' Birthday Party


"All you need is faith and trust and a little bit of pixie dust"
that's right I've been planning a....
Tinkerbell Party!


I was going to hold off on this particular theme until S was a little older but she loves all the Tinkerbell movies so much right now (she even asks to watch 'bell-bell'). Even given the choice of Dora or Tinkerbell it's bell-bell 95% of the time.

I had done a family BBQ at our place on her actual birthday and we headed to the splashpark to enjoy the water and the cake that I had made (below) after the meal.


I then planned another party for some of S's friends and there mom's later on in the week ( a coffee/playdate morning party). Here are some of the details:

The Invitations



To make the invitations I just cut a standard size card into two, printed out all the wording, adhered a button to a paper flower and put a tinkerbell sticker on the front....easy peasy!

The Decorations



I made pennant banners from two Tinkerbell paperpacks I had in my scrapbook stash.


I found an awesome Disney Fairies wall mural at Liquidation World for $4 I decided to hang the mural on the main wall in the living room (below) and I scattered all the fairies throughout the room instead of on the mural (example above). I'm impressed with how it improved the look of the room.




I made three big tissue paper balls/flowers/pompoms for the living room (above) and three little ones for the kitchen (below). I bought my own tissue paper and used the free tutorial from HERE. It was way cheaper than buying a kit and I highly recommend it, they are a cinch to make.



I made the cute little mushroom for Tink to sit on as a centerpiece.
* Check out my tutorial HERE!


The Fun Stuff


As a treat I made Tutu's for all the kids that came. I was lucky enough to hit Dollarama at just the right time. They had just put out all their Halloween stuff so I was able to grab wings and wands for everyone too! They were so cute prancing around in their outfits. S loved having wings!




I also had a few activities on hand: Bubbles (a major hit with all the kids!), Tattoos, Stickers and Coloring sheets (which I printed out from HERE).

The Food


Since I had done a cake at the family BBQ I opted for cupcakes at the morning party. I had to use the tinkerbell stand for something anyways and they are a lot easier to serve. I made little pokes to fancy them up, most of them had little 2's and others had tinkerbell stickers. I also served strawberries and some apple danishes which were to boring to take a picture of, haha.




I didn't say easier to eat, the purple icing was only a little bit messy.


And I couldn't end this post without a pic of my littlest cutie in her party dress. Although she did spend almost the whole party sleeping, I can't complain it made things easier for me!

So that's it, the 2 year olds Tinkerbell Party!