Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thankful that my dessert turned out! ...Among other things...


Hope all you Canadians enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend! I know I did with a traditional 'loosen the belt' type of meal and also a wedding of a good friend! Spending time with family and friends during the holidays is absolutely priceless! I am so thankful that we have the opportunity to see people from another province so regularly, especially my parents! I was also thinking yesterday how lucky I am not to have to go back to work after my Mat-leave was finished. I am very thankful that I can stay home with my little girl and watch her grow-up, I am also thankful that I have such a great husband that works so hard to provide for us! I count myself very blessed, I could go on and on with my 'thankful' list but I'll move on....
Well this year I was left with the responsibility to bring the dessert for the Thanksgiving meal. Not a huge deal but I was trying out a new recipe so I was "thankful" that it turned out great!! I made a carrot and pumpkin cake with a brown sugar cream cheese icing (some of you might have seen it in the fabulous, Kraft What's Cooking magazine, try it for yourself it is Yummy!...not to mention easy!).

Plain:

Dressed up: